Monday, August 19, 2013

basically...a sad day

packing EVERYTHING away

So, for those of you who don't follow my sister's blog, you wouldn't know that she is moving...this weekend. When I first heard the news earlier this summer, I was really excited and proud of her. She is getting out there and starting her life. Plus, with her gone, I would get me own room! (a brand new experience for me) But, as the summer goes on, and we get closer and closer to D-day, I become more and more depressed. I'm gonna have one of the bigger rooms in my house all alone, which isn't as much fun as it sounds. I'm not going to have access to all of her fab clothes (and vice versa) And, the honest to God most tear-jerking conclusion, I am losing my big sister. True, she is just a phone call away, and with all this modern technology, skype dates have already been set. She has even offered to let me move in when I decide I want to go to school out there. But I am a big family person, and I have a tiny identity issue. All my life I have done what Taurie and Dane did. Dane did track and soccer, a year later, so did I. Taurie cheered and always strived to be at the top of her class, and I followed suit. So, one may understand why losing a huge role-model can be so traumatizing.

In other news, I have been invited to ride out with her, and Roger and Mom, to Massachusetts to help get her settled in (and I may be checking out my future room...) I really detest long car rides, but I'm willing to battle my chronic car-sickness to help Taur move in. But when all of her boxes and totes and wardrobes and baskets leave our living room, it is gonna basically be a real sad day in our household. I will try to keep it together, but no promises for Taurie when she gets around to reading my blog....


new home for the clothes

1 comment:

  1. I miss you baby sister :( I'm glad we got to have such a good summer together. Skype date next Monday for teen mom 3?!

    Love you so much little twin <3

    ReplyDelete