Monday, October 14, 2013

basically...homecoming

before I continue this post, I have to say what I almost titled it: a week late. meaning that I was posting these pictures a week after the actual event. then I realized that it might be taken the wrong way.....

anyway, last week was my little sister's homecoming and the week before that was my cousins'.  naturally, being superwoman and all, I volunteered to do hair and such.  actually, volunteer is a strong word....I'll just start at the beginning.  September 28th, I was relaxing in my room after a big game when my aunt calls me, around 5:00.  she asks if I'm busy and if I can do Jenna's (my cousin) hair.  sure, what's the worst that can happen?  she has to be at a friend's house by 7.  plenty of time, right?  well, I didn't know that my aunt still had cookies to make to take to the dance.  they weren't at my house until 6 at this point.  great.  then I see that Jenna doesn't have her hair even curled yet!  who's poor planning was this????  and her hair curls about as easily as mine does...which means, not at all.  and after i get done with the 45 minute curling job, she doesn't have the slightest idea what she wants to do with it now....inhale, exhale, figure something out.  I ended up doing a waterfall braid and though I don't have any close ups, I do have 'finished product Jenna'

ps, I did the make-up too!


then on to the next week for Taryn.  yes, I did have another game and, thankfully, Taurie came home to rescue Taryn's hair while I kicked butt on the field...and got a concussion...whoops.  anyway, my little sister is amazingly beautiful and I can't wait to do prom for her!!!!!


isn't she so skinny?????
and the shoes are totally mine. just sayin'

so, basically, when homecoming comes around, I don't know how Taurie did it all these years, but I'm glad she stepped in to help!



No comments:

Post a Comment